Opera San José offers a range of sponsorship options that will expand your company’s visibility on a local and regional level, enhance your philanthropic reputation in the community, market your products/services to a desired client base and offer valued employee perquisites.
Recent studies have shown that opera patrons are the most loyal and passionate audiences. They carry that support over to a brand or company that shares this interest, and with Opera San José’s critically acclaimed performances at the California Theatre, interest in our company has increased dramatically!
Your company can choose to sponsor a specific performance or make the ultimate statement to the community by underwriting an entire season. Communications and collateral opportunities are available via our website with a logo or link, listed as a Facebook Favorite, or our OSJ Enews that is sent to more than 6,000 subscribers bi-monthly.
On the other hand, your company may opt to support Opera San Jose’s K-12 educational curriculum which include a variety of in-school programs such as our free student matinee/final evening dress rehearsal series. Audiences served include a broad cross-section of people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and economic levels.
Depending upon the level of support, a sample of benefits your company will receive is as follows:
Level 1 – $75,000+
- Ten tickets to each opera for the entire season w/access to VIP lounge at the California Theatre.
- Includes all additional items listed below under Levels 2-6.
Level 2 – $50,000
- Invitation to attend a dinner with the General Director and the principal artists of our season.
- Twenty tickets to sponsored opera w/access to VIP lounge at the California Theatre.
- Includes all additional items listed below under Levels 3-6.
Level 3 – $25,000
- Invitation to attend a luncheon w/our conductors followed by a music rehearsal for orchestra and singers.
- Ten tickets to sponsored opera w/access to VIP lounge at the California Theatre.
- Includes all items listed below under Levels 4-6.
Level 4 – $10,000
- Invitation to a reception for the set, costume, lighting, wig and make-up designers.
- Newspaper ads: Corporate name/logo displayed for applicable opera production.
- Mainstage supertitle projection: Corporate name/logo displayed prior to first act for the applicable opera production.
- Mainstage program guide: Name/logo displayed on title page of the program for applicable opera production.
- Highlighted in feature article in Opera San José Newsletter. Two tickets to final evening dress rehearsal performance.
- Theatre signage: Corporate name/logo will be displayed on signs posted in display windows at the California Theatre for the opera sponsored. Includes all items listed below under Level 5-6.
Level 5 – $5,000
- Invitation to attend an exclusive performance given by the principal artists.
- Opportunity to attend a staging rehearsal by appointment.
- Enews blast: Corporate Name displayed w/companion article for applicable opera production.
10% discount for employee ticket buyers.
- Includes all items listed below under Level 6.
- Invitation to the annual Singers’ Showcase and reception w/resident company.
- Mainstage program guide: Listed in the Corporate Donor page for an entire year under the level of giving.
- Listed on the Corporate Donor page on Opera San José’s website w/hyperlink to donor’s website.
Opera San José offers a variety of ways to complement your support with additional opportunities for executive, client and employee entertainment such as special events, priority seating (based on availability) and receptions at the California Theatre. Discount group ticket and dining packages are also available.
For more information on how your company can partner with Opera San José, you may contact Noritaka Okada at (408) 437-4460 or via email at email@example.com. Visit this page for a listing of our corporate donors and sponsors.