Ticket sales cover less than half of the cost to raise the curtain on Opera San José’s beautiful productions at the California Theatre. Your generous contributions enable us to continue to share the passion and joy of live opera with patrons throughout the region and beyond. We are proud to offer our Individual Donors an array of benefits designed to enhance your opera-going experience, and you can take pride in knowing that you are a vital part of the Opera San José family. Each increasing donor level includes all the benefits of the lower level of giving. In addition to receiving the below benefits, your donation is 100% tax deductible. All donors will receive a tax acknowledgment letter from our Development Department.
Producers Circle ($50,000 or more)
– An opportunity to be an exclusive Resident Artist sponsor or full production sponsor.
– Additional benefits customized to your interests, including opportunities to experience a production’s full development process and to meet the artists and the creative team.
Conductors Circle ($20,000 – $49,999)
– An invitation for two to a Sitzprobe Rehearsal in the California Theatre, with intimate Conductors’ dinner to follow.
– Special behind-the-scenes experience with artistic leadership including an advanced look at out-season planning.
Sponsors Circle ($10,000 – $19,999)
– An opportunity to sponsor a performance or to co-sponsor a Resident Artist.
– Behind-the-scenes opportunities including pre-performance backstage tour or private event featuring your Resident Artists.
Stage Hands Circle ($5,000 – $9,999)
– An invitation for two to a Staging Rehearsal and a tour of the Scene and Costume Shops.
– An invitation for two to attend a Technical Rehearsal and a tour of the California Theatre.
Showcase Circle ($1,000 – $4,999)
– An invitation for two to the annual Singers’ Showcase followed by a reception with Resident Artists.
– An invitation for two to a season sneak-peak event.
Supporters Circle ($250 – $999)
– Recognition by name and membership level in production programs.
– An invitation for two to a special donor appreciation event at the California Theatre.
*These benefits are valid for one year from the date of your gift.