HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
UPDATED MARCH 28, 2022:
Full Vaccination (ages 5+) against COVID-19
is Required to Attend All OSJ Performances.
Masks while indoors are kindly requested.
The health and safety of our patrons, artists, staff, and volunteers is our top priority.
UPDATED 3/28/2022In compliance with San Jose city mandates and keeping in line with industry-wide best practices, beginning March 28, Opera San José will now require proof of up-to-date vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone ages 5 and up for entry into the California Theatre. For Children under 5, please contact the Box Office at (408) 437-4450.
Masks are kindly requested while indoors.
All ticket holders will be required to provide proof of vaccination and a photo ID in order to enter the California Theatre. Box Office exchanges or refunds will be provided for those unable to show proof of vaccination and ID at entry. Tickets can also be donated back to OSJ as a tax-deductible contribution.
Proof of Vaccination Required
We are thrilled to be back at the historic California Theatre. To provide the safest possible experience for our patrons and company members, and per the State of California and City of San Jose mandates, OSJ is implementing the following policies:
AGES 5+ REQUIRE PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION
- Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose regimen of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or other WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine administered two weeks or more in advance of the performance.
- For Children under 5, please contact the Box Office at (408) 437-4450.
ACCEPTED FORMS FOR PROOF OF VACCINATION
- A CDC vaccination card or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental jurisdiction;
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document, or stored on a phone or electronic device;
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider;
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record that displays your name, date of birth, vaccine dates, and vaccine type.
- Corresponding photo ID is required for patrons ages 18+.
FACE MASKS ARE KINDLY REQUESTED INSIDE THE CALIFORNIA THEATRE AT ALL TIMES
- Acceptable masks are cloth, surgical, or (K)N95.
- OSJ recommends N95 / KN95 / KF94 masks for maximum protection.
- NO gaiters, bandanas, or masks with an exhalation valve are permitted.
Before You Arrive
Please self-assess your health before leaving home by considering the following questions:
Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
In the past 10-14 days, have you had close contact with anyone who has COVID-19, during their contagious period?
In the last 24 hours, including today, have you had any of the symptoms below, that is new or not explained by another condition?
- A cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- A fever of 100.4°F/38°C or higher?
- Chills, fatigue, or muscle and body aches?
- Headache or a sore throat?
- A persistent runny nose?
- A sudden loss of taste or smell?
By entering the building, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions. Please review them, and if you answer yes to any, please contact Patron Services at (408) 437-4450 or email@example.com to exchange your tickets for a later date, donate your tickets, or request a refund.
Make sure to bring the following:
- Your tickets. Make sure you have your print-at-home ticket or e-ticket available on your mobile device, if applicable.
- Proof of vaccination for all members of your party.
- Photo ID for all patrons ages 18+.
- Face mask.
If you’re not signed up to receive Opera San José emails, register now to ensure that you receive important performance and safety updates.
When You Arrive
Upon arriving at the theatre, patrons will be greeted by OSJ’s vaccine checkers, who will request every member of a patron’s party to present proof of full vaccination along with a photo ID.
Should any member of a party not have sufficient proof of vaccination, they will be asked to attend an alternate performance at a later date.
Additional Questions? Contact the Box Office
(408) 437-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OSJ is closely monitoring the rapidly changing guidance associated with COVID-19. As health department directives are updated, we will continue to revise our policies. These policies are subject to change and will be re-evaluated on a production by production basis, in consultation with our local city and state mandates, and healthcare professionals.
If you have any specific questions pertaining to our productions, please contact OSJ Patron Services at (408) 437-4450 or at email@example.com.
Get Your Digital Vaccine Card
To retrieve your digital vaccine record, use the “Get Your Proof of Vaccination” button below. Save your record to your phone, or print it out and bring with you to the theatre (with a valid photo ID).