Director of Patron Experience
The Director of Patron Experience at Opera San José ensures exceptional patron experience, anticipating patron needs and exceeding expectations. This position manages a comprehensive set of responsibilities including overseeing the box office staff and front of house experience. The Director of Patron Experience is highly visible and interacts with patrons, donors, volunteers, and is the main point of contact for all ticketing needs of OSJ’s most generous supporters. S/he is expected to provide the highest level of customer service. This position is responsible for configuring and monitoring the Patron Manager ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and fulfillment.
The position supervises and oversees the box office staff and volunteers and interacts on a regular basis with Team San Jose and the California Theatre’s front of house managers, ushers, and food service partners.
This position requires a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Exact hours/work schedules will be developed in conjunction with the box office team and executive team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for overseeing daily box office operations, including the practice of superior customer service skills, responding promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and training any box office personnel in OSJ’s customer service standards.
- Developing and maintaining documentation and training material on box office policies and procedures.
- Advising and assisting with the implementation, reporting, and generating of data reporting using the Patron Manager/Salesforce ticketing system.
- Serves as the lead, on-duty, Front of House Experience Manager for all performances and ticketed special events.
- Supervises and directs performance will call/ticket office staff as well as audience experience volunteers.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves guest issues – interacting as needed with various personnel to develop effective communication to resolve issues and inquires.
- Works in conjunction with the executive team to advance organization-wide customer service procedures, to refine patron feedback channels, and to create an exceptional experience for each patron.
- Lead strategic contributor to patron-focused initiatives.
- Models expected behavior and trains patron-facing staff to provide service to patrons that goes above and beyond every time.
- Exceptional customer service and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in donor relations or patron services in a performing arts organization.
- Ability to prioritize, successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high-stress situations.
- Possesses maturity, poise, initiative, and flexibility to handle complex situations and uses sensitivity to handle confidential information with professionalism.
- Knowledge of the Patron Manager/Salesforce system is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and Google Apps (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Voice) required, along with general technical comfort and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others. Demonstrates success as a manager; excellent listener; clear communicator.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org